Wednesday, March 23, 2011

I'm back...

(Feb. 1, 2011) 


...And I've been this side of the ocean  for my second round a whole 3 months already.  I talk too much about time flying, so I'll just skip it for now.  This time I'm in Ronda, and in bus schedule terms that puts me about four and a half hours from where I was in Almeria last year.

It's been interesting, to say the least.

As part of my newly "normal" Spanish life, I sometimes see commercials here and have to wonder if they exist in an English version in the States.  The most recent is one that warms my heart every time I see it.  The first time I saw the kids sitting in some auditorium singing along with the acoustic guitarist about being free and seeing images comparing the number of bad things in the world to the good (think "for every war tank built, __ teddy bears are made" etc.), I couldn't help but wonder what caring organization put the spot together.  Naturally, it gets to the end and it's for Coca Cola.  But with the message "hay razones para creer en un mundo mejor," I can't get myself to care that it's from a huge, sugar-pushing, billion-dollar-making company; the message is too good and too important.  And true.  There ARE reasons to believe in a better world.  What would we possibly do if there weren't?

A little taste of Ronda...













No comments:

Post a Comment